Professor Preston made NHLI his life’s work staying for almost 50 years.
Frank W. Preston entered New Hampton Literary Institution (NHLI) as a student on November 27, 1875 and became a member of the Social Fraternity. He completed the English and Commercial courses in 1877 and returned as a Post Graduate student in 1877-78. He began teaching at NHLI in the fall of 1878 and was made associate principal in 1887 also he received the degree of A.M. from Dartmouth College. He served as principal of NHLI from the fall of 1898 to 1923. Professor Preston did much for New Hampton in raising money and in furthering the erection of Draper Hall (1910), Berry Hall (1911) and Lane Hall (1912). He wrote a history of the school and spent much time in compiling a register of its students, which material has proved most valuable in the preparation of this history.